Tuesday 4 September 2018

Digital Fluency Intensive

          Manaiakalani Digital Fluency Intensive


First Session:

We started the session learning about the origins of Manaiakalani. After working at Point England School for seven years and hearing this story many times I still find it inspiring.

I have been working in a 1:1 digital environment for 5 years  but I still discovered many new tricks I could use both in my classroom and in my personal life. Google Keep was an amazing new tool. I have already talked to the teacher I work alongside in a shared space about using Google Keep to help us keep a list of our 52 students and who has blogged their work.

I got more familiar with Google Docs and how to make a presentation look aesthetically pleasing. Below is a link to a lesson we did last week. 

Goldilocks and the Three Bears

I learnt how to use the Explore button instead of opening numerous tabs. 

I got familiar with the Add Ons, however my favourite new tool I will be implementing in my classroom immediately with some students is the voice typing tool. I have several Year 3 students who have some wonderful ideas but they struggle to write these down. Using this tool I can get a true idea of what they are thinking and it will allow them to write a narrative using their imagination to the fullest.


It was great to meet some new teachers to share ideas with and discuss what they are doing in their classrooms. 

Looking forward to session 2.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chrissy, I'm in the same boat as you and have been digital for the last 6 years. I'm looking forward to learning some new tricks in the coming weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chrissy,
    Thanks for sharing! Using Keep to collaboratively keep track of your bloggers is a great idea... I'm excited to hear how it works for you! Voice typing is such a powerful tool to encourage reluctant writers and remove barriers. I'm looking forward to seeing your Goldilocks presentation once its been made visible ;-)

    ReplyDelete